Q-emuLator for OS X - Versions history
- Trial mode to allow unregistered users to run a feature-limited version of Q-emuLator.
- Compatibility improvements:
- Return cartridge name in "get medium info" trap for microdrive images (*.mdv).
- No error message for privilege exceptions (allows some buggy QL software to run).
- TCP/IP driver (sck_ and tcp_ devices, implementation compatible with the one documented in uQLx, not all calls are implemented, but enough to support browsing with Lynx, email and FTP).
- Emulation of Q40/Q60 high color video modes:
- Extended 1024x768x65536 video mode, with the same video memory format and base address as the Q40/Q60 1024x512x65536 mode.
- Emulation of the following three Aurora video modes:
- Major tweaks to precise QL speed emulation.
- Accept floppy disks and floppy disk images with non-standard number of tracks.
- Patch Minerva ROM to fix Minerva bug causing AUTO/EDIT to delete SuperBASIC lines after startup and when add-on ROMs like the Toolkit II are installed.
- UI changes:
- Zoom 100% and Zoom 200% menu commands.
- Microdrive slot menu: disable 'empty' command if slot is already empty.
- Video card and TCP/IP options in the QL configuration dialog.
- File system bug fixes:
- Show correct file length in Qram and QPAC2 for native host files.
- Fixed QXL.WIN main directory access with QMENU's file_select$ command.
- Fixed crash when built-in RAM disk is used in static mode (i.e. it has been formatted with a fixed preallocated size) and gets full.
- Disallow overwriting a directory when creating a new file (to avoid inadvertent data loss).
- Other bug fixes:
- QL mouse stopped responding after loading a .QCF file and temporarily switching to a different Mac application.
First version of Q-emuLator for OS X, emulating all of the QL hardware except for the QL LAN, and extending it with extra memory, mouse and RAM_ device drivers and file access to QL floppy disks, the OS X file system, QXL.WIN files, .ZIP and .QLPAK packages and microdrive and floppy images.
Q-emuLator also supports subdirectories in the file system and can partially emulate the Gold Card hardware to allow loading the Gold Card version of SMSQ/E (not included).
© 2012 Daniele Terdina. All rights reserved.